Podiatric Medicine Brings Lasers Down To Earth
Lasers might seem like they belong in space, but they can actually be quite helpful here on the ground. At Kentlands Foot and Ankle Center, we think the therapeutic applications of lasers don’t get enough attention. With that in mind, we’ve put together a short blog post that explains just how great these high-tech systems can be from a podiatric point of view!
Laser Therapy: Fighting Fungal Toenails
- Stubborn, uncomfortable, and aesthetically unpleasant toenail fungus can recur again and again.
- We use the PinPointe laser system to penetrate the nail and exterminate fungus at the source.
- This non-invasive technique is successful, safe, and painless.
- As the first laser ever to be cleared for use by the FDA, it has a proven record of success.
Why Use Lasers?
- No drugs or side effects. Oral medications can alter liver enzymes, while topicals often take a year or more to work. Topical meds also have to be used twice a day if they’re going to have a chance at succeeding.
- They’re quick. PinPointe treatment will only take about 30 minutes.
- No recovery time or pain. The laser reaches under the nail areas without damaging the skin. You can walk in, have your treatment, and walk out on the same day. Once the fungus has been destroyed, new nail growth begins.
- Solid success rates. Many patients see perceptible improvements after just a single treatment, with clear nail growth stimulated right away.
PinPointe laser therapy is just one of many advanced medical methods we utilize at the Kentlands Foot and Ankle Center, where we’re always seeking the next innovation. In fact, we have other lasers we like to use! Different systems are employed for different purposes: We have a Remy Class IV Laser to treat issues like plantar fascitis, while Cold Laser Therapy helps with pain relief and nerve damage resulting from injuries. Lasers are a great option when you want to avoid the cost, pain, and prescription meds that go hand in hand with surgery.
A good laser can be your foot’s best friend. Come see for yourself! Dr. Jon Sherman always employs the most modern, sophisticated techniques available to offer his Gaithersburg patients top-quality podiatric care. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
- Featured Articles
- Foot Disorders
- Broken Ankle
- Broken Toe
- Foot Health
- Foot Care
- Foot Pain
- Skin Cancer
- Podiatry Appointment
- Custom Orthotics
- Heart Health
- National Nutrition Month
- National Foot Health Awareness Month
- Foot Safety
- Foot and Ankle Injuries
- Falls Prevention
- Chronic Heel Pain
- Laser Therapy